This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Buttons disabled

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Hi everybody,

i'm quite a new sentinel-user (just a few hours). Works great with nLog in my case. Now i tried to add a new log-viewer (click on the plus icon) but it's disabled. Also the save-button...

Am i missing something? Bug or feature - or just wrong handling?

And: can i export the log into a file (periodically)?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Alex,

like most open source-projects, there are quite a few features that get started and then need to be disabled until they're mature enough to use.  

In the case of the "Add" button, difficulty in come up with a simple window-management system meant that I disabled the feature - but left it in place as I hoped to return to it.

In the case of "Save", I hit serialization issues due to the addition of a plug-in architecture and the serialization features in .NET not supporting interface based deserialization easily.  This problem has been solved and saving will hopefully return when I next get time to work on it.

Exporting to a file isn't the primary aim of Sentinel as the logger source (such as nLog or log4net) could easily be used to additionally create a persisted log.  There was some basic functionality in this area but I don't imagine its completion to be a priority due to the being able to do it much easier at the source of the logging.

Regards,

Ray