This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can Date/Time column show the local time?

Aug 31, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I could not find a way to display the events date/time in local time. It makes much more sense than showing it in GMT. Thank you.

Oct 9, 2015 at 10:47 AM
Having the same problem and its now October 2015, so I think this time issue is not bound to get fix. Also I have noticed that daylight savings is also not considered. Would be nice to have, but I guess one can live with it.
Oct 9, 2015 at 5:49 PM
I guess that design decision was my choice. When I originally developed this, there were a couple of reasons. Firstly, my organisation always ran servers in GMT only. That was something I just was used to. Also, servers in different countries were casting to a single listener and times including timezone from the source would have caused problems - so in this case, we always used GMT (actually, Zulu, but that's the same thing).

I guess if you're totally local, then I need to think again.

Now that I've started adding more 'meta-data' to each message (e.g. source information, host name, class-name, etc), I could have multiple times and let the user select which one!

Raise a defect! ;-)
Nov 13, 2015 at 4:38 AM
1 vote from me. Has it been fixed? I'm still using version 0.9.2.0
Nov 13, 2015 at 8:11 AM
Edited Nov 13, 2015 at 8:13 AM
It's fixed! Or I should say it's a new feature now! :)
Nov 13, 2015 at 9:44 AM
Yes, released in (at least) Sentinel 0.12.2.0.